Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Just Eatin' Up Time

What a long Christmas. Christmas Eve with the Farr's, Christmas morning with my immediatel family, Christmas night with the Willhite's, and then today with the Wheeler's....exhausting.

The Wheeler's are at my house right now...about ready to leave actually. We played like 4 rounds of this DVD game called SceneIt. Well, they played it....I didn't do much; I'm just really worn our I guess.

As much as it has been relaxing hanging out at home, I need to find stuff to do. I'm looking into getting some reffing work at the indoor soccer. Not only because I need money, but because I just need to find something to do, haha.

I find my thoughts returning to Biola a lot. I love my family, yes. I really enjoy spending time with them. It's just that I have a life down in Los Angeles now....new people....my age, heh...opportunities in all sorts of forms....I don't know, I just miss it.

For some reason when I am home with my family I feel less motivated...less driven to do things. When I'm by myself--like I was for 4 months down at Biola--I really feel driven and motivated to do things. I think this is pretty easy to explain: when I have parental units over me and no obligation housing and food it is easy to get lazy....I just feel like it's about time I start really taking care of myself--I hate feeling so incapacitated.

What I really need now is a job...heh. I'm going to try a lot harder this semester to get a job...not going to be as picky either. It's about time I start earning some income. I think next year I'll be able to get a job as an editor at The Chimes, but for next semester I just need to work on getting some nice on-campus job to get a bit of cash.

I also have to start looking for internships this semester. I want to be set up with something before I hit next summer. I'm going to look at internships in both Oregon and California....I'll just see where God takes me.

That's all for tonight folks,

No comments: