Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend, etc.

So, went to the beach last weekend with some people from my dorm; it was a lot of fun. It always kills me, though, how industrialized the beaches are here in California. I like it here a lot, don't get me wrong, but there's just that green Oregonian inside of me that cries out when I see so much commerce around such a natural environment...hehe. But yeah, was fun. Played some soccer, went swimming.

Sunday was kind of interesting....mainly because I realized I locked my keys in my car after church got out. Doh! What made it even more dynamic is that my phone cell phone is broken. So, I had to borrow someone's cell phone to call AAA. They got my car open in minutes, so it's all good. After I got back to Biola, I played soccer...once at 2:30, another time right after at 4:00....was pretty tired.

Monday, Labor Day, was spent doing a lot of reading...well, with breaks for meals.

Tomorrow I am going to practice with the Men's Soccer Team. I talked to the coach about tryouts, and he said I could just come this week to train with them. I'm nervous and excited. Nervous because I very well know that I am not in prime game-shape, and don't want to embarass myself by puking on the field :p but I am excited because I really have been missing soccer...plus, it would be so cool if the coach at least red shirted me (in case you don't know, to "red shirt" a player is to train him with the team until he is ready and/or a spot opens up on the team).

So, everyone just pray for me. For endurance, confidence, and perseverance.

So that's about it. I just got back from Big 5 Sporting Store to buy some shinguards and soccer socks...brought with me a guy from my floor who wanted to get some cleats (he is training w/ the team this week too). He's a nice guy...actually is from Washington but lived in Korea for a while.

Oh, I didn't mention...last Saturday I played ultimate frisby--a lot of fun. I was diving everywhere and have turf scuffs all over my leg now. No prob, though, not nearly as bad as the ones I had during playoffs last soccer season.

See Ya All! Enjoy the Oregon weather as the Fall kicks in :) :) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the "Red Shirt". Sounds like you are having a great time there in the land of never ending sunshine. I had to walk your mom through sending me the link to your blog. I have new pictures up at my website. http://nightop.astronomyspot.com I really like the M8 from OSP and the M42 from Aug.

Take Care,
Uncle Greg

Anonymous said...

hey! dude you are seriously missed down here...I think I'm going through Michael-withdrawls...lol. Not good. well, I'm glad things are going well and can't wait to hear about soccer stuff! Love you and prayin for ya everyday! Be good and take care of yourself! see you in December??

Love you! ~Ky