Tuesday, February 05, 2008

One Day. One Byline.

So I completed my first day at The Washington Times. Starting on Super Tuesday was a trial-by-fire to say the least, but the fact that I got through unscathed makes me more confident than ever. Best part is, I got to write something!

My editor assigned the other intern and I an article about how youth are using the internet to get involved in politics. We were crunched for time, definitely. But we pulled it off.

Not to brag, but I did most of the work on the article. The other intern was preoccupied for a long time with another task before he came to work with me. When he did come in, he just contributed with some additional information, which was helpful, but I did 98 percent of the writing.

I'm definitely drained. But it was worth it at the end of the day to hear my editor say we did a good job. Sweet.

So totally, check it out.
http://video1.washingtontimes.com/fishwrap/2008/02/how_big_will_the_impact_1.html


--mjf

3 comments:

Mark Gilman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark Gilman said...

(I needed to edit my earlier comment... dropped a word :-) )

Michael... It was fun to read your editorial--your strong writing continues to mature and it is fun to read. ENJOY this time of your life! We are all proud of you here at North Salem High.

:-)

Mr. Gilman

Gail said...

Awesome article! Wow!