Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weather!

Wow. So today was the coldest day I have experienced in a long time. Currently, at 2:00 pm, it is a steaming 23 degrees. Walking to church today I felt like my ears were going to freeze and fall off. Right now I'm wearing like four layers of shirts just to get my body warm again. The sky, however, is quite clear.

I've been told the weather has been acting up a bit lately: snowed two times in the past week, weather in the upper 50s, then two days later in the lower 20s. So yeah, seem to be getting a quick tour of the weather diversity here in D.C..

Church this morning was pretty nice. I went to a place called Christ Our Shepherd with many of the other WJC students. It definitely was different than I am used to, but very good. The pastor had quite an academic sermon (sounded like a professor), and there was a dance team that performed. There also was another pastor who had a stout British accent. It just so happens that relatives of my pastor in La Mirada go to this church--small, small world.

As it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day tomorrow, there's nothing really going on. So I'll probably be doing some sightseeing around town. Need to get all the tourist out of me before I actually have to start working.

One of my roommates did a video tour of our house. Here is the link (you may need Facebook to view this): http://biola.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=508346632776 .



A bunch of us at a place called Cosi, in downtown D.C.. It was sort of a coffee/sandwich place with a twist: you could order smores! But that was a fun day. We all jumped on the metro to go shopping, and then just cruised downtown for a while. Cool city I am in. Also, last night, after playing games at our house, all the WJCers went to a nifty little pizza place for dinner. Delicious!

No comments: