Friday, January 11, 2008

Almost there

So, in less than four days I will be flying to the other coast of the United States; to a place where this country has made all its laws; to a place where some of the most powerful people in the world go to work--Washington DC.

It has been a wonderful break. Been good to see my family again. But I'm ready to get back into my element--back to pushing myself and discovering where God is going to take me. I think this next semester is going to be pretty defining for me. If I do well enough here, I could be opening up job opportunities for after I graduate. I also will be seeing a place that I have never seen before--only widening my already expanding borders.

I want to thank all those people--especially my family--who have made this trip possible. All the support, the money, the gifts that'll make my DC trip a little warmer, heh. And for just allowing to do this--for believing that I can, even if is a little hard to see me so out there.

So, in case you haven't heard, I most likely will be working for the Washington Times when I am over there--you'll be able to read some of the stuff I write for them on their website, I'm sure. If it's not with the Times, then it will be with a place called Market News International. But, I'm pretty confident of the Times position.

This will be my first real, working internship. It's a little nerve wracking, but I'm going to stay in prayer and do my best. I guess if my professors didn't think I could do it they wouldn't have recommended me
for the program.

Keep me in your prayers. This is new terrain for me...but I am very excited.

No comments: