Saturday, May 05, 2007

Whooo...

So, the end of the semester draws near. It's been crazy. Been running around so much that I finally just broke down and had to go before God. We spend a long time talking, but I think I finally found some peace.

I've been down lately because I did not get the News Editor position with The Chimes that I was almost 100% sure I was going to get. It was a real blow since--not to brag--I don't often get turned down for things I whole-heartily persue. However, as people have reminded me, and as I see God is trying to teach me, there may be a plan so much grander than my own in motion that I couldn't even imagine.

I'm really excited next week for the journalism awards banquet we are having. It's going to be a dressy event which will make it even more fun. I just love hanging out with all my journalism major peeps--especially since 70% of them are attractive, smart women, lol, haha. Heh, but seriously, it'll just feel nice to chill and reflect on my accomplishments this year...hey, with any luck I may get an award. But hey, to remember what God has been trying to teach me: worldly glory pales in comparison to the glory which shall be revealed.

Looks like chances are good I'll be back home for summer. Just trying to see what job opportunities come through and which ones will work out the best. Keep me in your prayers regarding that.

--mjf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mook~
As always, you write with so much maturity. It is a bummer that you didn't get the position, but as I told you, God has something big in store for you and didn't want you to miss out on it due to a prior commitment. He knows what you are capable of and that should comfort you. You are an amazing writer and that is evident in everything that you write. It is so exciting to see the opportunities unfold before you and it will be an amazing adventure for you. Good luck on your current apps. for the different jobs and keep up the good work that you do.
lots of love
Mom

Anonymous said...

I was just going to get on you for not writting for a whole week again. :)

Greg