Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Very Bad Day

So yeah, today was pretty challenging. I don't even feel like writing a lot, but I feel like my dedicated audience deserves to hear the highs and the lows of my time at Biola.

So, basically my computer decided it was going to break down yesterday....went to turn the beast on to finish a paper that was due in about 1 1/1 hrs, but for some reason I wasn't getting a visual on the monitor...i think something is wrong with the video card. Anyways, I tried all I could to fix it, but nothing worked. Luckily my teacher was merciful to me and told me I could turn it in later.

So, this problem continued into today. However, what really started the day off was the alarm clock malfunction that allowed for me to be 20 mins late to my class (not to mention that when I did wake up I thought it was Thursday so I didn't think I was in a hurry).

After I got back from class, I tried to fix my computer again. In the process (I really don't know how) I managed to damage the DVI to VGA device that attaches from my monitor to my video card (don't worry if you don't know what that is...just know it is important). So, that resulted in me having to stop at 3 stores to find a reasonable price for one of these babies.

Got back to my dorm, was so excited to open it up that I busted out my switchblade and begin cutting into it....some how or another that excitement resulted in a quite a bloody mess. Cut my finger pretty bad (don't worry mom, I am fine...stuck a nice soccer band-aid on it). Anyways, I got it open eventually, but it didn't matter, it still didn't fix my computer's problem.

So anyhow, the day ended with my keyboard plug breaking as well, due to my computer laying on it....trip to Wal-Mart at 9:30 to buy a cheapo keyboard.

But, the good side of the story, for all this blood, pain, and stress, my computer is working again. Hopefully it stays that way...I am scared to shut it off.

There was one good part of the day: I went to a Biola soccer game agaist CBU...Kelly Bass was there supporting her school so I got to talk with her. It was really cool. Haven't seen my peeps in Oregon for so long, that it was very refreshing to talk to someone really familiar.

So anyways, I'm done....I'm heading to bed. Pray that I continue to persevere through all this toil. This is God testing me I know...I want to pass.

BTW, I don't care if there are typos...I'm not even going to read it over before I publish it...so don't complain :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok- I was glad you had your band aid to take care of the finger. I am sorry that all happened after we went home, I would have liked to help, you know me, the computer guru!!!! Anyway, I am happy to hear that you fixed the problem and maybe learned a little more about the computer, sucky way to learn but nevertheless. I am glad Kellie and you were able to get together, I was so excited when she called. Mom and I had a great time with you and the family loved the video. I hope that your days are going better and things are getting turned with the mercy of your teachers. Hang in there Kid!
Love you