Monday, October 30, 2006

18 Hours of Inflatables

So this guy on my floor is associated with this company that provides inflatables and other amusement type things to people running events. This company got hired by a mega church about an hour from where I am called Mariners Church. The church was putting on a huge harvest carnival type thing--I mean huge. The company needed help, so this guy on my floor asked a bunch of us if we wanted to go--I said I would.

The event was held last Saturday and we all had to leave at 8:45 AM. Once we got there, we worked until 2:00 AM ---no that is not a typo, AM; an almost 18 hour job. The funny thing is, only 2 1/2 hours of that was the actual event. Most of our time was spent setting up and tearing down. It was really hard work, and none of us got a lot of food. However, I did get paid $200, so it was definitely worth it. I really praise God for that--I needed the money.

No comments: