Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tired

I don't know what it is, but today I am so tired. I mean, first I took a nap right after lunch, and now, at 8:45, I still feel like I should be sleeping! Weird. I don't know. Maybe it was just because today was kind of boring. Nothing really interesting happened, just went to classes, did a little homework, ate, and caught like 20 mins of the girls' soccer game, which I just happened to come across while perusing aimlessly about the campus.

But yeah, so I just got back from my first Foundation of Christian Thought class. Having a class at 6:00 PM is a killer! It was pretty interesting. But I think I enjoyed reading the book more than sitting in class today. Not that I disrespect the professor or anything, but he just seemed to wander through the lecture. There's no doubt that he is very intelligent, but it seemed like there wasn't any real focus. A lot of it could be, I suppose, that I'm not used to studying the Bible in a class of 70+. I'm used to the smaller more intimate groups where it is a little easier to share your thoughts openly. Hopefully it'll get better as the semester progresses.

Anyhow, I'm not quite sure what I am going to do over Labor Day weekend. I thought about maybe seeing the relatives in San Diego, but I'm not sure about that. It's either that or I got to find something entertaining to do around here for 3 days...it's hard not being around my normal friends; not being able to just go over to someone's house and hang out.

Well anyways, things are going pretty good. I am enjoying college life. Last night I pulled my first late-night essay!! I told Javier, "Yeah, this is what college is all about." Hehe. It's also cool to be able to worship together for services multiple times during the week. Last night we had an amazing service called "After Dark" at 9:15 PM. Was one of those times where you just forget about everything else and just yell praises out to God.

So, I'll talk to you all later. Hope you're not tired like I am.

No comments: