Monday, August 28, 2006

Hello friends

Hello, if you're viewing this blog than you probably already know me. Nevertheless, I will dulge out the appropriate western introductions just in case your curious eyes simply fell upon this page by chance.

My name is Michael, and I lived all of my recollectable life in Salem, Oregon. Now, though, by God's leading and grace, I find myself a freshman at Biola University in La Mirada, California. Biola is a private Christian liberal arts college just outside of Los Angeles. I am majoring in journalism, and so far am loving my time here.

Some of my hobbies/interests include playing soccer, writing (hence the journalism major), playing computer/video games, playing the drums, and learning more about God through many facets of life.

To understand me better, you should know that I am the oldest of four brothers. My brothers are three years old, nine years old, and eleven years old. So, as you can see, there is a pretty big age gap.

The title of my blog, Beyond the Pedantic, is an expression of my desire to live beyond the shallow knowledge of books and worldly learning. My desire is not to dispel of knowledge, but rather expand upon it; looking at how I can apply the knowledge to my life in deeper ways other than tests. Jesus told us to not only love God with all your heart and soul, but also with our mind (Matthew 22:37). I wish to remember that in this college environment where it is so easy to be made docile and ineffective by the loads of school work and pressure to 'make the grade'. I'm here at Biola to develop my God given talents for His glory, not to simply get an 'A'.

Anyhow, not that you know what I'm about, I can now hereforth digress from the thick formalities that I felt must be present in this first post.

For all my friends an family out there, keep checking back; I want to use this blog a lot to communicate how I am doing, and to hear from you. Not at all that you can't email me, I just wanted to set up something cool.

Later,

No comments: