Monday, October 22, 2007

Where there's smoke, there's fire

Wow, it's burning up down here. And I don't mean the weather! The LA Times reported today that seven counties of Southern California are burning in wild fires right now.

San Diego and Malibu are the two biggies, but there are many others. It's all the result of the driest season this region has seen in a long time, combined with high winds and possible downed powerlines.

The closest is 30 miles south near Irvine in a place called Limestone Canyon Regional Park, so I'm no no danger, but the smell of smoke is heavy in the air tonight--seriously.

Look at this

LA TIMES COVERAGE




The fire closest to me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are OK. I was thinking of you as I was watching the news last night. They were saying 250k people in your area had to be evacuated.

Greg

Anonymous said...

What an awesome and frightening picture! I am so glad you aren't near enough to be in danger. Several of our friends and family members have been evacuated. We still don't know if their houses burned or not. Loving this cool, wet weather!!

Take care, miss you.

gmf