Saturday, September 01, 2007

Chuggga Chugga Choo Choo!

Just getting along like a train down here.

School has taken off and I'm back in business.

Last week I spent a lot of time writing an article for The Chimes--it was probably one of the hardest articles I've ever had to write. It was about a lawsuit Biola is filing against Bank of America. There was a lot of technical language involved, and not a lot of people in Biola's administration wanted to talk about it.
But I got it finished, and I think it turned out pretty good (front page).

I started catering again this week. First shift was a 7 hour one (gasp). But hey, it's a pretty good job and I have a pretty good time while working--also get to practice my spanish a lot since many of the workers are spanish speakers.

Been doing a lot of reading in Genesis lately. For my Old Testament class we have to read through it and do an assignment on it. It's funny, I don't think I've ever spent a lot of time reading thoroughly through Genesis, so doing it now has been really enjoyable. The history is fascinating in the book, and it just is so cool to see how God worked through Abraham--a seemingly random figure in the ancient world.

Today my church repainted our sanctuary. I came early in the morning to help out--I was covered in paint by the end, haha. It was fun, we actually had quite a few people show up. And for a bonus, we got free lunch--pizza!

Continuing to chug along :)

--mjf

No comments: