Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Beautiful Silence

So, I've completed nearly a month of school.
I've been keeping busy for sure. Lucklily I haven't had to write any essays, but there are a lot of random things that I'm getting involved with. I just started being the beat reporter for the Chimes on the AS Senate (Biola's student government). That means I go to the Senate meetings and report anything newsworthy back to my editor. I'm getting involved with a Sunday school Bible study group at church. And of course there's my work with The Point.

My Old Testament class has been keeping me busy. I just finished Exodus today and will be reading Leviticus soon to come. It has been real insightful to just read through these Old Testament narratives. Like I said in a previous post, I just have never done that.

Oh, so I played my first ultimate frisbee game of the season yesteday. We won! I got two touchdowns and an assist. In contrast to the team I was on last year, this team is actually good. We're playing in the A league (there's an A and a B) and the team we beat was supposed to be pretty decent. It was a really good game. Though, as is becoming routine, I managed to get myself hurt again :p Going for a frisbee in the endzone I got taken out by a guy...his knee, shoulder, or somthing crashed into my thigh and knocked me over--now I have a nasty charlie-horse in my left thigh. I'm becoming a bit used to feeling physically hurt, lol.

So, in the midst of being busy, I've also been thinking about a lot of things. A lot of things that are just creating an unrest in my mind. So, I finally took it all to God and am so far feeling peaceful again (go Philippians 4!). I also read some beautiful Psalms that I think you should all check out. Psalm 80, and Psalm 107.

Sometimes it's best to stop what you're doing and step before the presence of God for a bit...in fact in needs to become more of a habit.




Me at a Biola soccer match with some friends.

No comments: