Monday, February 12, 2007

Why is it so cold?

Of couse it is winter! But who said that meant anything in Southern California?! Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be complaining, I'm wearing a t-shirt and there is just a bit of wind.

Anyways, I got a job last week. Finally. Nothing special, just working for the catering people on-campus, but I'm just happy I'll be getting an income. I'll probably be working between 10-15 hours per week, so I don't think it'll tax my schedule too bad. I feel a bit more at ease, I guess, getting a job was the only thing left on my list of things to do...plus I just feel more in control, you know, my goal was to make some money this semester so I could pay for next year and I now am accomplishing it. Of course, as a pretty experienced Christian I know that a feeling of comfort is just more reason for God to remind me that I am not in control...heh. But hey, I can only do so much, right?

Classes are still going good. I've noticed that I still am working to get back into the routine of things (have forgotten about some assignments a few times), but that's normal...I'm just having to work a little harder than normal to remind myself of the normal college stuff. My professors are all really cool--I'm not having problems like last semseter with the professor that was really disorganized. There are also a lot of good discussions that have been going on in my classes--all very interesting.

Umm...what else? Well, the article that I wrote for last week made the top headline...I kind of felt like the bearer of bad news because the article was about tuition increase, heh. And also my Eagle Vision piece aired recently...watch it here; it's about 2 minutes into the second video. Just click on the first video to pause it, then click on the second video to start that one.

So nothing really profound to say here today. Like normal I'll keep y'all posted.

---Michael

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great reporting, Michael. You did an excellent job! The whole newscast looked very professional.

Way too much nice weather, though!

Proud!

gmaf

Anonymous said...

Hey Mook,

Having to deal with access cards all the time, to me it did not look like you swipped your card correctly through the reader. :)

Nice Job! I enjoyed seeing you in action.

Greg W.